Task 1 (Graph)
The pictures below show the changes that took place at Laguna Beach from 1950 to 1990.
The illustration given below evinces the transformation that took place at Laguna Beach over a forty year period from 1950.
Overall, the area of Laguna Beach witnessed considerable changes over the period and transfigured into a more tourist friendly beach.
In 1950, there were only a few beach huts located on the northern part of the beach between the sand dunes and the woodland and these beach huts were eventually replaced by villas in 1970. However, by 1990 these villas paved way for a hotel with an adjacent swimming pool on its right. The sand dunes which occupied the western side of the beach until 1970, were replaced by landscaped gardens in 1990.
The track on the east which led to the beach huts in 1950, became a main road by 1970. Interestingly, the woodland located on the south of the track was cleared to develop a caravan park in 1970 which was later utilized for car parking by 1990. Besides, a surf school was constructed on the southern part of the beach in 1990.